Namesakes: Lovick Pierce and his son George Pierce
Date: Construction in 1962
Pierce Hall replaced a 1903 science building that had been condemned and razed in 1959. It was used for instruction in science until 2015.
The original building was named for Lovick Pierce and his son, George Foster Pierce, both of them highly respected Methodist ministers. George also served as Emory’s third president and, as a bishop in the 1870s, helped to raise significant funding for other buildings on campus.