Namesake: Marshall Elizer
Dates: Construction in 2008 | Named in 2013
Purpose: Residence hall
Part of Oxford College's East Village, Elizer Hall is named for Marshall Elizer, who from 1946 until his retirement in 1978 served Oxford College as lecturer in mathematics, director of student activities, and business manager.
He was instrumental in restoring Old Church and held a number of civic offices in Oxford and Newton County. He and his wife lived on the 11 acres that now comprise the college's organic farm.