Cox Hall

Campus: Druid Hills in Atlanta

Namesake: Harvey W. Cox 

Date: Construction in 1960

Purpose: Dining facilities

President of Emory from 1920 until 1942, Harvey W. Cox remains the university's longest-serving president and was the first to serve on the Atlanta campus. His dedicated work to keep the university solvent during the Great Depression earned him the gratitude and respect of the faculty.