Emory Administrator; Developed The Emory Clinic
1934C 1937L 1982H
After earning his law degree and serving in the Navy, Boisfeuillet Jones returned to Emory to become assistant professor of political science, dean of administration, and a vice president from 1946 to 1960.
In 1952, he wrote a plan to expand Emory's clinical services and bring together the schools of dentistry, medicine, and nursing. The plan led to the creation of The Emory Clinic in 1953 and eventually the Woodruff Health Sciences Center.
Jones served as President Kennedy's special assistant for health and medical affairs and worked with President Johnson to shape the legislation for Medicare. He returned to Atlanta to head the Emily and Ernest Woodruff Foundation and the Robert W. Woodruff Foundation. During his tenure the foundations made the 1979 gift of $105 million.