Colors and Codes
Bachelor degree graduates wear cap, gown and tassel. Master degree graduates wear cap, gown, hood and tassel. All gowns are black except Emory's custom PhD robes, which are Emory blue and gold.
All hoods and professional or PhD robes feature the color of the discipline traditionally designated for the degree the student earned. Students earning dual degrees should wear the discipline color for the ceremony in which they will participate. The colors traditionally designated for earned degrees are listed below.
|Business||Drab (a shade of brown)|
In writing about alumni, we include class years with an abbreviation of the school attended after a person's name.
- B: Goizueta Business School
- C: Emory College of Arts and Sciences
- D: Dental school (now closed)
- G: Laney Graduate School
- H: Honorary
- L: School of Law
- M: School of Medicine
- N: Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing
- Ox: Oxford College
- PH: Rollins School of Public Health
- T: Candler School of Theology